A delicious recipe for a chocolate cake sweetened only with date paste.
- 250g date paste
- 3 eggs
- 50g coconut oil
- 150g flour
- 1/2 sachet of yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50g cocoa powder
- 150ml milk of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- In a food processor, mix the eggs until they whiten. Add the date paste in small pieces and mix well until it’s smooth and uniform.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, yeast, salt and cocoa powder.
- Slowly add the milk and the flour mixture to the eggs and date paste mix. Blend everything.
- Pour the dough into a greased baking form. Put the cake into the middle of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Control if well baked. When finished, put the cake on a cooling rack to cool.
Recipe and photo: Nawaï Li