- 200 g dates of your choice, e.g. Palmyra Sampler N5
- 100 g aronia berries (chokeberries)
- 150 g nuts
- 100 g ground almonds
- 50 g spelt flour
- 150 g applesauce
- 1 pinch of cardamom
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp oil
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Pit all the dates and cut them into pieces. Chop the nuts into coarse pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients and transfer the mixture into a loaf pan. Bake the bread for 30-40 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
Tip: Enjoy the date bread with a cup of tea or with some homemade marmalade.