Mabroom dates are deliciously sweet and sticky, with light red-bronze skin and a lingering toffee-like taste on the palate. They have a smooth and pleasant flavour but are much firmer than other date varieties. Some may even find them quite hard to chew, like a candy. We think that’s exactly what makes Mabroom special. Plus, they contain multiple natural fibres and minerals which contribute to a healthy body and mind.
Mabroom taste different that other date varieties and you will be surprised by their distinctive sweet and smooth flavor.
Mabroom are not dry but very chewy, not soft like Sukari dates. Therefore, they’re best eaten at room temperature, not straight out of the fridge. And to really enjoy Mabroom, here’s how to eat them:
Part the date in half and take out the pit.
Put one half into your mouth and let it melt like a candy.
Then chew it to enjoy the full flavor of Mabroom dates.
It’s like a candy but a healthy and 100% natural one!
- Mabroom dates
- origin: Saudi Arabia – Madina region
- high sweetness level
- Very Chewy
How to store dates:
- Up to 4 weeks: the dates can be kept at room temperature
- For 1 – 5 months: keep the dates in the fridge
- For 5 – 12 months: keep the dates in the freezer
Always keep the dates in a box or an airtight container so they don’t get dry.
Recommended serving temperatures for dates:
- Soft and juicy dates such as Sukari Soft taste great when cold or even frozen (try frozen Sukari, it’s like a mini date ice cream – perfect on hot summer days!)
- Medium soft dates like Segai or Medjool can be served cold (from the fridge) or at room temperature
- Chewy dates such as Mabroom, Ajwa and Safawi should be served at room temperature, otherwise they’re too hard and chewy
Press the dates lightly with your fingers to check how soft they are.