Segai are medium/big sized, two-toned dates. Those juicy dates are soft while at the same time chewy and have a golden, slightly dry and crunchy base. This combination of different colors and textures makes it an absolutely delicious date. Segai are unconventional, tasty and unforgettably good!
- Segai dates
- origin: Saudi Arabia
- low sweetness level
How to store dates:
- Up to 4 weeks: the dates can be kept at room temperature
- For 1 – 5 months: keep the dates in the fridge
- For 5 – 12 months: keep the dates in the freezer
Always keep the dates in a box or an airtight container so they don’t get dry.
Recommended serving temperatures for dates:
- Soft and juicy dates such as Sukari Soft taste great when cold or even frozen (try frozen Sukari, it’s like a mini date ice cream – perfect on hot summer days!)
- Medium soft dates like Segai or Medjool can be served cold (from the fridge) or at room temperature
- Chewy dates such as Mabroom, Ajwa and Safawi should be served at room temperature, otherwise they’re too hard and chewy
Press the dates lightly with your fingers to check how soft they are.