Known as royal dates, Sukari are cone-shaped with marked folds in their skin. A rich brown in colour, with golden-yellowish tones, Sukari dates have a caramelised and fruity taste and a soft, silky aftertaste of honey on the palate. Originating in Al-Qasim, Saudi Arabia, these dates are a pure, delectable treat. Neither dry nor too sweet, they are ideal for use in pastries, cakes, salads, smoothies, or cooked dishes.
- Sukari dates
- origin: Saudi Arabia
- High sweetness level
- Chewy Soft
How to store dates:
- Up to 4 weeks: the dates can be kept at room temperature
- For 1 – 5 months: keep the dates in the fridge
- For 5 – 12 months: keep the dates in the freezer
Always keep the dates in a box or an airtight container so they don’t get dry.
Recommended serving temperatures for dates:
- Soft and juicy dates such as Sukari Soft taste great when cold or even frozen (try frozen Sukari, it’s like a mini date ice cream – perfect on hot summer days!)
- Medium soft dates like Segai or Medjool can be served cold (from the fridge) or at room temperature
- Chewy dates such as Mabroom, Ajwa and Safawi should be served at room temperature, otherwise they’re too hard and chewy
Press the dates lightly with your fingers to check how soft they are.